Saturday 22 October 2011

We Are Revolting! 40 Years of Queer Activism

Today I went to the 'We Are Revolting! 40 Years of Queer Activism' organised by LAGNA - Lesbian and Gay Newsmedia Archive. It was located at Bishopsgate.

I was delighted to see and speak to Robert Thompson -  Chair of the LAGNA committee. Robert told me that he remembers me and my son visiting LAGNA, years ago, when it was based in the Middlesex.  University.

Above is a photograph and video taken of me with one of today's speakers, Lindsay River [aged 64] Lindsay is a performer and activist on protests in the lesbian-feminist movement in the 1970s. Lindsay has a history lived experiences of mental distress and is active in the 'Age of Diversity' - The Older Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans Alliance. Campaigning-networking  Working together for our future     www.ageofdiversity.org.uk    For age 50 or over.

No comments:

Post a Comment